There's a new face around the office up here at SummerHouse!
Before we introduce you, allow us to take a moment and catch you up to speed: Since designer Meagan Burks moved to Asia with her husband for a year with his job (isn't that AWESOME?), Elizabeth Gullett's former assistant Chelsea Sirmons is now a new designer! (YAY for Chelsea!) Since we could not leave either Elizabeth or Chelsea assistant-less, we found the oh-so-fab Natalie Walden to come on board as their new right hand woman!
Since you'll be seeing a lot of Natalie around the shop, we figured it was time for y'all to get to know Natalie just a little better!
1. Where are you from and how long have you lived in the Jackson area?
I’ve lived in Jackson for most of my life, minus my time in Sewanee, TN. I have one degree from Millsaps in Religious Studies and one degree from Mississippi College in Interior Design.
2. What is your position here at SummerHouse?
I’m an Assistant Interior Designer for Elizabeth Gullett and Chelsea Sirmons.
3. What's your favorite thing about SummerHouse so far?!
Oh heavens, there are so many things! I love that my desk faces a wall of gorgeous fabrics! I love working in a space that is surrounded by so much beauty! It also doesn’t hurt that Fusion Coffee house is 2 doors down from us.
4. In a sentence, how would you describe your personal interior design style?
My personal design style is probably Modern Rustic with a hint of French Provincial. Accented with lots of art from my adventures in Europe, Africa and Central America.
5. What's your favorite dish at a local restaurant around here?
Vegetable Red Curry (medium hot) from the Thai House and Tiramisu from Amerigo!
6. Do you have a favorite movie? If so, what?
I’m such a sucker for the romantic classic Pride and Prejudice- my car is even named “Mr. Darcy.”
7. Are you a coke girl or a pepsi girl?
- Hmm…. I’m more of a coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon kinda girl…
8. If you could take home any single item off the showroom floor, which would it be?
Gracious that is a tough question! I’m getting married in December and our house will need boo-coodles of stuff. Probably a chest of drawers for my fiancé. I’ve also been lusting after several pieces of art!
9. What are you asking for for Christmas this year?!
To survive our wedding December 22!
10. Anything unique/interesting/special about you that we should know about?
I’m fascinated by the concept of Sacred Space and creating environments that evoke a sense of beauty and peace. I think it really impacts the development of a family on an intrinsic level. It has been phenomenal to see people’s visions come to life as they create such spaces.
Excellent! Thank you Nataile for giving us a little insight. We're so happy to have you around!